It helps a healthy body & mind like NOTHING ELSE - 10 BEST ways to use it -
- Season your roasted veggies; mix olive oil and turmeric, pepper and other seasoning of choice and pour over kumera, pumpkin, carrots, etc and roast as usual.
- Scrambled eggs; just sprinkle some on your scrambled eggs
- In a smoothie; to increase bio-availability blend half an avocado or some coconut oil with your mixture. It may change the colour of your smoothie as the pigment is strong. Two pinches of Turmeric, which will hardly change the taste of your smoothie, up to a teaspoon, for the ones who enjoy the flavor. For Turmeric smoothie recipes, click here
- Turmeric Tea; bring 1 cup of water to a boil and stir in a 1/4 teaspoon of ground Turmeric. Simmer for 10 minutes, strain and enjoy. Add honey or lemon juice for added flavor.
- Turmeric salad dressing; 1/2 teaspoon ground Turmeric, 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons miso paste, 1 tablespoon of honey and the juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- Golden Milk; First you make the paste by 1/2 a cup filtered water to a low simmer and mix in 1/4 cup of ground Turmeric, stir for 5 to 10 min till it forms a thick paste. (Add water if needed) Store this paste in your fridge, it will last for up to 2 weeks. To make the milk it is important to mix the paste with warm milk and oil or clarified butter (ghee). Pour 1 cup of Dairy, Goat, Nut or Oat milk in a saucepan, add 1/2 teaspoon of the Turmeric paste and cook on medium heat for approx. 5 min. Stir in 1/2 a teaspoon of coconut oil or ghee before drinking. Add honey, cinnamon, maple syrup or ginger to sweeten. Drink before bedtime for sweet dreams!
- In Soup; a few pinches of Turmeric won't change the flavour of the soup but adds nice color to a stock soup and aids you fighting a flu / cold.
- Homemade mustard; mix basic mustard with 1/2 a cup ground mustard, 2 tablespoons of white vinegar, 1 tablespoon of water, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon Turmeric. Store in fridge.
- Avocado health snack; simply sprinkle Turmeric on an avocado or if you have more time available mash the avocado, add a dash of ground Turmeric, Pepper and salt. Serve with crackers or garlic bread.
- Immune booster; mix 1 tablespoon ground Turmeric with 7 tablespoons golden honey, dissolve every 2 hours 1/2 teaspoon in your mouth.
Turmeric, a yellow / orange coloured Indian herb used for centuries in India as a spice and for its bio-active ingredients with powerful health benefits. The main active compound is Curcumin.
Absorption rate of Curcumin is low, therefore it is advised to add Piperine, which is a natural extract from Black Pepper and enhances the absorption by 2000%. Coconut milk, oils or a fatty meal supports absorption as well due to its fat solubility.
Turmeric Curcumin as an Anti-Inflammatory aid
Chronic low level inflammation is believed to play a big part to a lot of Western diseases, including;
- heart disease
- metabolic syndrome
- some degenerative conditions.
Some studies have shown that the potency of Curcumin is comparable or even higher than the conventional anti-inflammatory pharmaceutical drugs.
Curcumin has been found to have NO side effects like a lot of the pharmaceutical drugs!
Curcumin blocks NF-kB, a molecule that travels into the nuclei of cells and turns on genes related to inflammation. Inflammation gets dealt with on a molecule level!
Turmeric Curcumin as a nutritional support
Joint inflammation is one of the symptoms of Arthritis. There are a variety of types of Arthritis, many involve some sort of inflammation in the joints.
Turmeric Curcumin as an Anti-Oxidant Aid
One of the mechanisms behind ageing and many diseases is believed to be Oxidative damage. Which are highly reactive molecules with unpaired electrons or in other words Free Radicals reacting with important organic substances, such as fatty acids, proteins or DNA.
The chemical structure of Curcumin has the ability to act like an strong anti-oxidant with the ability to neutralise free radicals. On top of that Curcumin stimulates the body's own anti-oxidant enzymes.
Turmeric Curcumin as an aid to lower the risk of heart disease
Curcumin, according to several studies, helps improve the lining of the blood vessels. (endothelial function, is responsible to regulate blood pressure, blood clotting, etc).
NZ Green Lip Mussel is well known for it's health benefits, it is speculated to be a treatment option for a variety of different health issues including Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, joint pain, asthma and cardiovascular disease.
The oil from these miracle mussels acts as an anti-inflammatory agent that is
totally natural and very powerful and very rich in Omega 3s, makes it an extremely powerful health supplement. Combining the 2 Super Foods Turmeric Curcumin and NZ Green Lip Mussel in one capsule, offers an unbeatable supplement to support your health!